Friday, January 22, 2010

Thrift Store Fun

My good friend is starting out 2010 right - by saving money. She is going to do some Goodwill &
thrift store shopping for the first time and asked me for some tips. I am an avid Goodwill, Thrift Store, & Garage Sale "shopper" and have learned some things along the way. So for those who are new to shopping thrift stores, here are my tips:

1. Make a list of things you need and only things you need! How many pairs of pants do you really need to Survive?
2. Plan on at least 2 hours per store - seriously, if I don't have 2 hours to spend at the Goodwill, I don't go. Especially when shopping for clothing. There is alot of crap to sort thur to find the good stuff!
3. Look the items over really good before you buy them. Stains, rips, holes, ect... (especially the t-shirts, the tags they use can put tiny holes in that type of material)
4. I take advil before I go too because my arms star to hurt from sliding each item in the rack over and over and over....no joke
5. Sometimes there are women's items mixed in with the mens, so always skim the men's stuff - I have found some great items in the men's section!
6. Just because it is $1.50 does NOT mean you need to buy it!!!! Stick with the list!
7. Eat before you go or bring water and a snack.
8. Try stuff on! Finding things that fit you correctly well look better and will be more function in your wardrobe. What can I say, I watch a lot of What Not To Wear (if you don't check out their website for tips
9. Watch your cart! People WILL take things out of them! If I try stuff on I always take the "good stuff" inside the stall with me so no one can take it!
10. Have fun with it - try on stupid stuff just for the hell of it and take pic's to post on FB :)

No comments:

Post a Comment